Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Lorax Cake

This cake was VERY last minute but I L.O.V.E the way it turned out!! What kid...or adult for that matter, doesn't like The Lorax?? So when I was asked to make a cake with The Lorax theme I was very excited!!
 
The 8" cake is my homemade rainbow chip recipe with chocolate filling. Every decoration on this cake was hand cut except the cloud. Other than that I cut every piece by hand and hand painted the details on.
 
 
The Lorax figurine was very fun to make. He is 100% made from fondant and 100% edible!
 
 
The name was hand cut as well....I was going for the Dr. Seuss feel so I thought red with the black trim out work best.
 

 The bear is also fondant as are the Truffula trees.
 

 The Truffula tress on the top of the cake are actually cake pops which I thought was so cool and worked so well with this theme!
 
 
Doesn't this just make you want to go watch The Lorax now...'Let it grow, let it grow, like it did so long ago...'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez