Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pink Ruffle Birthday Cake

My eldest daughter just turned 7! CRAZY!!!! She wanted to make a very girly cake with some bling so together we created her cake...more her telling me what to do lol.

This 2 tiered cake is a 4" top and a 6" bottom both marble cake with cookies and cream buttercream and double chocolate fudge filling.

This was my first time trying the ruffle technique. I am pretty happy with the results. I really under estimated the amount of fondant I would need so I had to skimp of the ruffles a wee bit. The top tier gave me some trouble as well. It was suppose to be a smooth tier with my daughters name written in rhinestones but the 4" stacked cake didn't want to cooperate with me. I was running out of time so I didn't let it rest as long as I should so it slipped a wee bit which made the fondant bulge in spots. To cover it up and make it look half decent I put ruffles on the top tier.


                                      


                                                     Happy 7th Birthday Baby girl!!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez