Sunday, July 28, 2013

Bridal Shower Cupcake Wedding Dress - Cupcake Floral Bouquets

I am always up for new challenges and trying different things! I have seen these cupcake dresses before and thought they looked super cute. So when I was asked to make one I was more than happy to say YES!

The order was for 4 dozen cupcakes total, 2 dozen vanilla and 2 dozen chocolate. I ended up using 31 cupcakes in the dress, the rest of the cupcakes were used to make 2 cupcake bouquets.

I laid out the cupcakes before I started icing everything to make sure it looked ok and everything would fit!

 
I used my very light and creamy buttercream icing and accented the dress with an edible pearl belt and a very sparkly rhinestone. 



Close up of the belt
 
 
The bouquets were the most fun to make. I piped out all of my flowers ahead of time so I could easily move them onto the bouquet once I had the base coat iced.
 



 I love the way this turned out and I can't wait to make another one


7 comments:

  1. This dress is absolutely beautiful! I have been asked to make one of these for a shower. I have been googling ideas for a while and I love yours. Can you tell me which decorator tip you used for the dress and any other tips? I love the way the cupcakes look like roses. TIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Thank-you very much. I used a 1M Wilton tip for the roses and a very light fluffy buttercream icing. There are some great tutorials on YouTube :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, wonderful lil tutorial. May I ask, what size cake board did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jailin,
    I believe the size I used was 19x26

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you buy the cake board? It's Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cake! How did you transport it or did you decorate it on site? What is the approximate cost? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you!
    Cake board is from the Bulk Barn (I'm in Canada)
    Customer picked up the assembled cake :) I used buttercream icing to 'glue' the cupcakes to the board.

    ReplyDelete

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez