Sunday, October 16, 2011

Princess Cake

This cake was made for a friends daughter's 5th birthday. Like most little girls she loves princess' so what better way then to celebrate with a cake fit for a princess!

The cake is a 6" vanilla and an 8" vanilla cake and filled with vanilla pudding mouse.

This was my first time making a tiara out of gumpaste and I have to say it's so much easier than royal icing...and it looks much better!! The tiara and the 'A' were painted with tinted luster dust.The roses are hand rolled fondant in various shades of pink.

Photobucket

I think this is my favorite cake to date. I love how everything came together and how it flows together. The only part of the cake I wasn't too happy with was the fondant swags, it was my first time doing those as well.
The very best part was seeing the birthday girls face when she saw the cake...PRICELESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez