Sunday, May 22, 2011

Olivia's 2nd Birthday Cake

2nd Birthday Monkey Cake

My baby just turned two....oh my! I still can't believe it. It feels like yesterday I was just looking into her little eyes and holding her little hands. It wasn't long before she became our little monkey :)

To go along with her nickname I decided to make a monkey cake for her.

2nd Birthday Monkey Cake

The top tier is a dummy tier made from rice krispy treats and covered in fondant.
The bottom tier is a carved 8" square chocolate cake filled with two layers of vanilla buttercream and a layer of chocolate fudge. The cake is covered in fondant and decorated with fondant flowers and dots. The monkey was hand cut.

Since I carved the 8" square cake into a round I had scrape pieces of cake. I mixed those with some icing and made them into matching cake pops for the guests.

2nd Birthday Monkey Cake
Cake Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez