Sunday, February 20, 2011

Engagement Cake



This cake was made for two of my best friends. I went with a his and her theme to incorporate both peronalities into the cake. The top tier is a marble cake with peanut butter buttercream and caramel and the bottom is vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and caramel. Due to the caramel, which is homemade without a candy thermometer so I undercooked it a tad bit, the cakes shifted once the fondant was applied, hence the bumpy look to the tiers.



The anemone is made from fondant with tylose powder added.



The skeleton was hand cut from a picture I printed online. It took a while to get the details the way I wanted but I am very happy with the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez