Wednesday, February 16, 2011

1st Birthday Pillow Cake



This was my first time making a pillow cake. The top tier is rice krispy treats (rkt) craved and covered in fondant. The botton tier is a 8" vanilla cake filled with vanilla & chocolate buttercream and covered in marshmallow fondant(mmf). Carving the rkt's was easy but the cake was another story! I was worried I was cutting off too much of the cake. Lesson learned next time go with a cake one size bigger so you carve the shape you want and stil have enough cake.



This is my second royal icing tiara. I drew out the design I wanted piped the royal icing and painted it with edible paint once it was dry.



All decorations are made from marshmallow fondant. The flowers on the botton tier were cut and then stuck onto the pillow. Once they were dry they were painted with pink edible glitter paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez