Sunday, March 3, 2013

Birch Bark Shower Cake

Here is another recent shower cake I've made recently.

The mom to be has art deco's in the baby's room of birch trees and yellow birds so I was asked to make the cake to match the nursery. 




The cake is two tiers, a 8" bottom and 6" top. The top cake is vanilla with vanilla buttercream filling, the bottom is vanilla cake with cookies and cream filling.

This was my first attempt at 'birch trees' I'm fairly happy with how they turned out. They took FOREVER to make. All the trees are hand cut and hand painted, the branches are piped on. The nest was created with fondant rolled into individual sticks and then built into a nest. Next time I'll make them thinner..lesson learned but again another first.





I've been asked a few times to shower how I stack my cakes so I took a few pictures...I honest mend to take them as I did each step but I totally forgot....Maybe the next time I make a stacked cake I'll remember!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez