Sunday, April 10, 2011

Surprise Wedding Shower Cake

My weekend was full of surprise parties and cake, what a weekend! This cake was made for one of my best friends. She's getting married in July to one of the sweetest guys I know so her mom and the bridal party threw her a surprise wedding shower.

Wedding shower cake,red fondant flowers,orange fondant flowers,flower cake

This cake was very fun to make but very difficult and frustrating. The wedding colour is persimmon which I thought would be an easy colour to match...NOPE!! I looked on-line at colour swatches and every single one was different, some more orange some more red. The swatch I remember seeing was a reddish colour with organge undertones so I finally decided to use two variations of what I thought the colour persimmon looked like.

The top tier is a 4" chocolate cake with two tortes of chocolate chip cookie dough filling and a torte of vanilla buttercream. The second tier is a 6" vanilla cake with two tortes of chcolate buttercream and a torte of vanilla. The bottom tier is the same as the 6" top tier.

Wedding shower cake,red fondant flowers,orange fondant flowers,flower cake

The flowers are made from fondant, imprinted and finished off with a small edible pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez