Sunday, April 10, 2011

Surprise 50th Birthday Cake

This cake was made for a surprise party for my friends mom Kathy. The colours for the party were green and black so we wanted to incorporate those colours into the cake. I was given a picture of cake but we changed the colours and design a little and came up with this cake.

Photobucket

The 6" top tier and the 8" middle tiers are made from rice krispy treats and covered in fondant. My friend wanted to have the height and grandeur of a three tiered cake but didn't need all the cake so we used rice kripsies as 'dummy cake'...mind you the rice kripies covered in buttercream and fondant are really good to munch on!

The bottom 10" cake is chocolate cake filled with vanilla buttercream and covered in fondant. All the decorations including the bow and spirals are made from fondant.

50th birthday cake,black and green cake

I had a lot of fun making the bow, I kind of changed the design of the bow last minute but I'm glad I did, I'm really happy with how this cake turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez