Saturday, December 14, 2013

50's Poodle Skirt Cake | 60th Birthday Cake

I was asked to make a 50' s themed cake for a 60th birthday for a friends mom. I have lived down the street and grew up knowing the birthday girl so I felt very honored to be able to make her a birthday cake.
 
 
The two tiered cake was stacked and decorated to look like a poodle skirt from the 50's. The 6" top tier was vanilla cake with strawberry filling. The bottom tier was chocolate cake with cookies and cream.
 
 
Below are the two cakes before they were stacked.
 
 
 
The cakes stacked and doweled



I wasn't sure I was going to 'flow' the fondant without it tearing...still not 100% sure how I managed it but I did :)
All the details are fondant accept the 'bling' on the buckle. The poodle was hand made.

 
Hope you had a wonderful 60th birthday Anne, Cheers to many more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez