Friday, August 10, 2012

88th Birthday Cake - The Famous Grouse

My husbands Grampa just turned 88! We wanted to bring him something specialwhen we went to the party so we brought the cake.

This cake was soooo rushed!The plan was to leave our house friday around 7pm - the party wasn't till sunday afternoon- so I had to bake the cakes friday morning. I pulled them from the oven at 10am and was waiting for them to cool and settle a bit before I started decorating. The phone rings at 11:30am, my wonderful husband tells me he's getting off early and wants to leave by 2pm...I think my jaw hit the floor. All I said was, 'I'll see what I can do'

I had a vision of what I wanted the cake to look like....and it didn't look like what I pictured in my head so I am kinda disappointed. But it tasted great and the birthday boy LOVED it!!

The cake was one 1/4 sheet cake cut in half, stacked and then carved. I covered it in white fondant and painted it with brown goof gel to try and get the whisky liquid effect...didn't turn out as I would have liked.



The label nearly killed me....my grouse is very sad looking. I was laughing at myself the whole time I was drawing it...if you were here you would have thought I'd been sampling the whiskey lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes...Or Something Like That Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez